- Provides quality legal support to Company's Business units in the Asia Pacific region;
- Assists in ensuring that all business units in the Asia Pacific region comply with laws and regulations relating to the relevant business unit in the relevant country;
- Assists in the implementation and/or furtherance of the global legal strategy at a regional/country level in order to ensure effective use of common tools and consistent reporting;
- Where appropriate and if requested, supports other corporate functions by delivering the legal service component necessary in overall attainment of their goals;
- Where appropriate and if requested, assists in implementing country legal risk mitigation strategies.
- Acts as "mobile legal squad" by providing ad-hoc support to fill resource gaps or workload overflow in various AP GBS Legal teams
- Performs country counsel role (where appropriate)
Stakeholder - external
- Where appropriate and if requested, assists in managing external legal counsel necessary for provision of legal services to business units;
- Where appropriate and if requested, represents the Company in negotiations with partners, customers, suppliers, governmental and regulatory authorities;
- Where appropriate and if requested, provides information, reports and confirmation to auditors, bankers and suppliers required in relation to any local business unit's operations.
- Provides general business legal advice and assistance by engaging in activities such as (but not limited to): (a) drafting and reviewing confidentiality agreements, supplier contracts and customer contracts: (b) reviewing RFQs/tenders and preparing RFQ/tender responses where appropriate; (c) checking BCA approval conditions against near-final drafts of contracts; (d) preparing briefing/advisory notes to AP GBS Legal team members to help the team members prepare for contract negotiations/meetings;
- Where appropriate and if requested, assists in procuring legal advice and external legal service in any area of law outside area of specialization/competence;
- Where appropriate and if requested, deputises for line manager in various projects or matters;
- Provides legal activity reports to line manager when requested;
- Proactively advises line manager and/or AP GBS Legal team members on any development in the law applicable to country/region and business unit and contribute (if requested) to the design and delivery of training courses on legal topics relevant to the business.
People - Management
- Individual contributor who may manage at least one junior/less experienced team member
- May direct the work of other junior/less experienced team members or manage projects, processes and/or programs
- Delegate work to junior/less experienced team members, review their work and supervise, coach and mentor them with a view to improving their professional experience, knowledge and skills