You will be responsible for supporting the legal team in relation to digital technology, software deployment, blockchain and other cutting-edge technologies, including product development, operations, and overseas commercialization.
The ideal candidate for this position should be detail-oriented, organized, and have excellent communication skills. The candidate should be able to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, and have a strong work ethic.
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating contracts related to SaaS services and on-prem deployment. This may include SaaS services agreement, reseller agreement, referral agreement, procurement agreement and other legal contracts.
- Assisting with contract management, including organizing and maintaining contract files, tracking contract deadlines, and ensuring compliance with contract terms.
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders, including business development, R&D, operations and finance teams, to ensure that contracts align with company objectives, business needs and policies.
- Conducting legal research and providing legal and regulatory advice on various matters in relation to product development and customer/partner cooperation in relevant jurisdictions.
- Keeping abreast of changes in laws and regulations related to digital technology services and contracts, and providing updates to the legal team and internal stakeholders.
- Supporting know-how initiatives including creation of standard form documents for improving efficiency, adding to regulatory knowhow database etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Law, Juris Doctor or equivalent.
- Qualified to practice law in a common law jurisdiction, minimum 3 years of PQE.
- Strong understanding of contract law and related legal principles. Relevant experience in software and technology industry would be preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to draft and negotiate contracts in Chinese (mandarin) and English for both internal and external communications, document review, research and drafting.
- Attention to detail and ability to review and analyze contracts for legal and business implications.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and other relevant software.