Mergers and Acquisitions
- Comment, review, negotiate and finalise the non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements, letters of intent, letters of offer, memoranda of understanding, term sheets, sale and purchase agreements, tenancy agreements, lease agreements, personal guarantee, corporate guarantee and etc.
- Comment, review, negotiate and finalise the legal diligence planning memorandum.
- Attend to, manage and follow up the legal due diligence request list and legal due diligence questionnaires.
- Liaise with the commercial banks, Bursa Malaysia and Securities Commission for the issuance of private placements and corporate bonds.
- Draft, prepare, comment, review, negotiate and finalise the commercial contracts, agreements, documents and correspondence in a timely manner.
- Assist with contractual queries from the Business, which include, without limitation, contract reviews and research, risk assessments and preparation of advice and reports.
- Provide practical and efficient legal comments and suggestions regarding risk management.
- Take the initiative, collaborate and work with the Business to resolve problems and matters that have an impact on REIT's operation.
- Develop and implement the contract management process, which includes, without limitation, the contract process, workflow, stakeholder guidelines and templates.
Litigation, Legal Research and Legal Trainings
- Where external lawyers are appointed, to manage the engagement, oversee the quality of work and effective delivery of legal support.
- Handle pre-litigation legal disputes and enquiries and monitor the progress of the litigation cases.
- Research, analyse and keep abreast of any new law and regulation developments, which include, without limitation, the proposed Consumer Credit Act, the amendment of the Competition Act 2010 and the amendment of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
- Provide in-house basic legal trainings to the Business units as and when necessary.
- Draft, prepare, comment, review and finalise the compliance policies and any documents required for the compliance of data privacy, anti-corruption, anti-bribery and industrial regulations.
- Identify and analyse compliance risks, with a focus on anti-corruption and anti-bribery, as well as carrying out measures to monitor and mitigate risks.
- Develop and continuously review the organisation's regulatory and compliance process, standards and controls to ensure they remain up-to-date and meet current statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Design, conduct and deliver trainings on compliance topics to improve adherence to data privacy, anti-corruption, anti-bribery and industrial regulation and regulatory process.
- Effectively communicate the regulatory compliance requirements to the Business and implement programs and initiatives to ensure awareness of compliance topics both internally and externally.
- Understand, and keep abreast of changes to relevant laws and regulations, which include, without limitation, the Bursa Malaysia Main Market Listing Requirements, the Guidelines on Listed Real Estate Investment Trusts, and the Malaysian Code on Corporate Governance.
- Report directly to the Head of Legal and Compliance Department.
- Undertake duties as and when assigned by the Head of Legal and Compliance Department and/or the Management.