Legal Counsel (Regional)
Corporate / M&A / Commercial
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
4 - 6 Year(s)
- Draft, review, revise and negotiate simple and complex contracts, including but not limited to those related to existing and new corporate or commercial projects, products and services of the group's business.
- Monitor and provide counsel on the group's policies and operating procedures and ensure its compliance with the prevailing applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and authorities' rulings.
- To anticipate, manage and/or render sound and practical solutions to legal risks/issues that may arise connected with or resulting from the group's business strategy and operations.
- Oversee the proper and accurate maintenance of registers and records of legal documents to ensure confidentiality, safe custody, and easy retrieval of the group's documents.
- Ensure proper and timely preparation/delivery/filing of statutory forms, documents, resolutions and/or announcements with the relevant regulatory authorities.
- Planning/implementing procedural and administrative systems to ensure effective and efficient administration of the department.
- Manage assigned legal workstream and project matters to completion.
- LL.B. with a strict four (4) years and above experience in general corporate work (i.e. mergers and acquisitions, corporate & commercial transactions) gained at a reputable firm or in-house, and admitted to Malaysian Bar as Advocate & Solicitor.
- Strong team working skills, adept in relationship management, great interpersonal and communication (both written and spoken) skills, demonstrates positive attitude and the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues.
- Conversant in commercial advisory and compliance matters - critical thinking, analytical, reasoning, negotiation, legal research skills to find practical or innovative solutions, and partnering with other working members on driving the implementation of desired actions.
- Capable to work with ambiguity, manage conflicts and sudden changes, and able to reduce messages to material issues without over-simplifying or having material omission.
- Passion for excellence, thrives in fast paced environments with ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines, and able to cope with change of direction and priorities on short notice.
- Objective and structured thinker, with good judgement and quick learning capacity with impeccable attention to detail.
- Organizational skills, a strong ability to work independently and be a self-starter with a sense of ownership.
- Excellent drafting, vetting and negotiation skills, impeccable attention to detail.
- Mandarin fluency will be an advantage.
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.