Privacy Manager (Global role, Fintech, Mandarin skill) - Good remuneration package
Compliance/Regulatory,Corporate / M&A / Commercial,Personal Data Protection,Telecommunications / Technology
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
2 - 10 Year(s)
- Provide privacy support to new product launches and initiatives globally such as attending product initiative meetings, analysing products and initiatives and assessing privacy risks across multiple jurisdictions, advising on the data privacy issues, and providing practical solutions to mitigate privacy risks, taking into account possible product roll-out in other jurisdictions.
- Assess and advise on any data privacy related initiatives and ongoing projects in APEC, and provide practical solutions to mitigate privacy risks.
- Coordinate surveys with external counsel across different jurisdictions to meet tight product launch timelines.
- Conduct initial review of vendor due diligence.
- Coordinate product privacy notice amendments and maintenance.
- Project manage product gap analysis, such as identifying customer data inventory, implementing data access and correction, implementing direct marketing automated controls and etc.
- Oversee the implementation of the privacy advice such as ensuring that the data deletion button in the privacy centre is placed at the correct place.
- Understanding applicable privacy laws and other legal and regulatory requirements and licensing conditions with respect to data protection and privacy, and work with other legal and compliance teams, business teams, as well as Info-security, IT and customer services to implement privacy requirements.
- Assessing legal risk, performing privacy impact assessments and maintaining privacy-related internal assessments and records.
- Support audit exercises, due diligence exercises and license application processes when required.
- Have had at least 2 years' experience working as a legal counsel .
- Experience in financial services preferred but not essential.
- Privacy experience preferred but not essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in fast-paced environment and provide pragmatic and considered advice under tight deadline.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a project and drive it forward until it is completed. Tenacious personality and goal driven mindset are desirable.
- Demonstrated organization skills.
- A team player who can effectively work with stakeholders cooperatively and efficiently.
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.