Privacy Counsel (Global role, Fintech)
Personal Data Protection
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
3 - 15 Year(s)
- Horizon scan/research, monitor and analyze developments in data protection and data security globally (eg new laws, regulations, enforcement decisions, regulatory guidance, best practices on data security and privacy governance framework).
- Assist the Lead Privacy Counsel in approving new product launches and initiatives and data transfer requests
- Act as project manager and drive any privacy projects assigned to you from time to time, including updating and maintaining privacy documentation, managing data subject requests, or data mapping exercise
- Work closely with legal to conclude contract negotiation on privacy clauses and data sharing agreements; respond to due diligence questionnaire.
- Legally trained with qualifications in Malaysia or equivalent common law jurisdictions; privacy experiences preferred;
- Also open to consider candidates with demonstrated data protection and security experiences,
- Those who possess privacy certification such as CIPP,CIPM,CIPT
- Fluency in written English
- Mandarin skill is preferred but not a must
- Curious intellect who is keen to learn about privacy and data in an innovative fintech and digital marketing environment with global footprints;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in fast-paced environment and provide pragmatic and considered advice under tight deadline; and
- Smart, responsive, hardworking and takes ownership, positive attitude and able to handle pressure.
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.