- You will be responsible for supporting the legal team in managing contracts related to merchant acquisition and related merchant services. This may include merchant payment services agreement, payment channel agreement, Saas services agreement, marketing agreement and other legal contracts. You will work closely with the legal team to review, draft, and negotiate contracts, ensure compliance with company policies and applicable laws.
- The ideal candidate for this position should be detail-oriented, organized, and have excellent communication skills. They should be able to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, and have a strong work ethic. The candidate should be proactive, adaptable, and able to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating contracts related to merchant acquisition and related merchant services. This may include merchant payment services agreement, payment channel agreement, Saas services agreement, marketing agreement and other legal contracts.
- Assisting with contract management, including organizing and maintaining contract files, tracking contract deadlines, and ensuring compliance with contract terms.
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders, including business development, marketing, operations, risk, funds management and finance teams, to ensure that contracts align with company objectives and policies.
- Conducting legal research and providing legal and regulatory advice on various acquiring and merchant services and contract-related matters.
- Keeping abreast of changes in laws and regulations related to payment services, financial services and contracts, and providing updates to the legal team and internal stakeholders.
- Support legaltech initiatives including creation of standard form documents for automation, adding to regulatory knowhow database etc.
- Some travel to Singapore, China or other locations may be expected
- Bachelor's degree (or Juris Doctor) in Law.
- Qualified to practice law in a common law jurisdiction, minimum 5 years of PQE.
- Strong understanding of contract law, payments regulations, and related legal principles. Relevant experience in e-commerce, payments, finance or technology industry would be viewed favourably.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to draft and negotiate contracts in Chinese (mandarin) and English for internal communications, document review, research and drafting.
- Attention to detail and ability to review and analyze contracts for legal and business implications.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and other relevant software.
(Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)