Assistant Manager, Legal
Corporate / M&A / Commercial,Equity Capital Market
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
1 - 4 Year(s)
- Draft, review, revise and negotiate simple and complex contracts, including but not limited to those related to existing and new corporate or commercial projects, products and services of the group's business.
- Monitor and provide counsel on the group's policies and operating procedures and ensure its compliance with the prevailing applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and authorities' rulings.
- To anticipate, manage and/or render sound and practical solutions to legal risks/issues that may arise connected with or resulting from the group's business strategy and operations.
- Oversee the proper and accurate maintenance of registers and records of legal documents to ensure confidentiality, safe custody, and easy retrieval of the group's documents.
- Ensure proper and timely preparation/delivery/filing of statutory forms, documents, resolutions and/or announcements with the relevant regulatory authorities.
- Planning/implementing procedural and administrative systems to ensure effective and efficient administration of the department.
- Manage assigned legal workstream and project matters to completion.
- LL.B. with 1-4 PQE in general corporate work (i.e. mergers and acquisitions, corporate & commercial transactions) gained at a reputable firm or in-house. Pupillage experience is considered.
- Strong team working skills - relationship management, interpersonal, communication (both written and spoken), negotiation and organizational skills, a strong ability to work independently and be a self-starter with a sense of ownership.
- Positive attitude and the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues with capability to work with ambiguity, manage conflicts and sudden changes, and able to reduce messages to material issues without over-simplifying or having material omission.
- Commercial oriented mind - critical thinking, analytical, reasoning, negotiation, and legal research skills to find practical or innovative solutions, partnering with other working members on the implementation of desired actions.
- Objective and structured thinker, with good judgement and quick learning capacity with impeccable attention to detail.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with demonstrated initiative, adaptability, and integrity, even in the face of difficulties or challenging situations.
- Mandarin fluency will be an advantage.
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.