Legal Counsel (UK MNC/KL/HYBRID)
Corporate / M&A / Commercial
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
4 - 6 Year(s)
-Commercial and corporate law focus involving variety of transactional work and research into laws and regulations in the APAC region.
-Assist senior lawyers in drafting and negotiating large, complex outsourcing commercial contracts.
- Contracts often involve service delivery across multiple jurisdictions in the Asian Region and globally.
- Opportunity to lead transactions with appropriate support.
- Occasional additional project work which may involve setting up new entities in overseas territories and other international work, various regulatory and licencing matters, handling litigation pre-action (and beyond, if required), employment claims and advice, and delivering training on relevant legal developments.
- Holds a law degree from a recognized UK university.
- A qualified solicitor with 4-6 years of post-training experience (PQE) from a recognized law firm and at least 2 years of in-house MNC role.
- Proficient in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a variety of general commercial contracts.
- Demonstrates genuine enthusiasm for the recruitment industry and its increasing use of outsourced solutions.
- Capable of identifying key legal risks in transactions.
- Possesses keen attention to detail.
- Essential ability to interact effectively with colleagues from diverse backgrounds, both legal and non-legal.
- Must be able to address queries from individuals with varying levels of understanding of legal processes and terminology.
- Able to provide clear and robust commercial advice with confidence.
- Demonstrates a strong interest in working in a demanding environment.
- Comfortable dealing with challenging stakeholders.
- Eager to broaden knowledge and skills.
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.