1)Conduct thorough legal research on industry practices, laws and regulations, and compliance requirements in Malaysia, including commercial laws, consumer law, contracts/dispute resolution, employment laws, safety regulations, and environmental standards.
2)Assist in the preparation, review, drafting and negotiations of contracts and agreements, such as supply agreements, distribution agreements, and licensing agreements, ensuring compliance with local laws and company policies.
3)Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including operations, procurement, and finance, to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and legal requirements.
4)Maintain an organized contract management system, including tracking contract status, renewal dates, and key provisions.
5)Support the resolution of legal disputes related to company operations, including coordinating with external counsel, managing documentation, and attending meetings or hearings as required.
6)Review, analyze and extract data for legal documents, reports, and correspondence to identify potential risks, liabilities, and compliance issues, providing recommendations for risk mitigation.
7)Stay up-to-date on changes of relevant industry laws and regulations in Malaysia, as well as industry best practices, and communicate relevant updates to stakeholders.
8)Provide general administrative support to the legal department, including managing calendars, scheduling meetings, and maintaining legal files.
9)Other duties may include support for day-to-day legal tasks assigned by team leader or Group General Counsel.
10)The candidate will also:
-participate in Legal Department training and development initiatives and complete all assigned training.
-support implementation of workflows, processes, procedures, practices, guidelines, playbooks, and templates.
-review, update or draft policies/manuals for the group.
-review and draft board papers.
1) Bachelor's degree in Law, or a related field.
2) Minimum of 4 years of experience as a paralegal or legal assistant inhouse legaldepartment, or law firm capacity.
3) Familiarity with Malaysian employment laws, safety regulations, environmental standards, and other relevant legal frameworks.
4) Excellent research and analytical skills, with the ability to interpret and apply legal information effectively.
5) Attention to detail and strong organizational abilities to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
6) Proficiency in using legal research tools and software. Competent in Google Docs, Microsoft Office packages, particularly Word and Excel applications. Written and
spoken proficiency in Bahasa Malaysia and English, preferably with additional proficiency in at least one of Chinese, Bahasa Indonesia, or Arabic.
7) Excellent written and verbal communication skills
8) Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams. Adaptability and a practical approach to problem-solving.
9) Ability to communicate effectively and interact with, as well as support, effective partnerships with management, peers, and internal stakeholders.
10) Ability to proactively organize a heavy workload and demonstrate excellent analytical abilities.
11) Cultural sensitivity, ability to compromise, and ability to work within a team.
12) Interest in continuous improvement and customer centricity, and the ability to learn and work hard.
13) A business or financial background is helpful but not required.