Legal Counsel (Global role, Fintech, Mandarin skill)
Telecommunications / Technology
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
1 - 6 Year(s)
1. Handle commercial contract drafting, review, and negotiation with business partners (such as merchants, financial institutions ('FIs'), suppliers and service providers) on a wide range of agreements (including marketing agreements, services agreements, NDAs, procurement agreements, merchant services agreements, consumer-facing T&Cs, MOUs etc.);
2. Provide legal support to daily business operations and general commercial matters;
3. Help update and create standard agreement templates, standard form documentation for customers, and other agreements (both on and offline);
4. Support other teams (e.g. regulatory compliance team, company secretary) including preparation of regulatory documents and other communications; and
5. Educate non-legal colleagues on relevant legal issues.
1. Bachelor or above degree in Law;
2. Legal qualifications in Malaysia or equivalent common law jurisdictions;
3. Relevant legal experience in multinationals or leading international law firms or corporations. Those with experiences in FI industries are preferred;
4. Competent in drafting and negotiating contracts with counterparties - the successful candidate must be able to learn the ropes quickly and get the work done competently and independently without much supervision;
5. Fluency in written English and Simplified Chinese is essential;
6. Excellent command of spoken English, Mandarin (Cantonese would be an advantage but not a must);
7. Solid communicator who is responsive and can coordinate with internal stakeholders (e.g., Business, Finance/Tax, Litigation, IP, AML, Privacy), not get pushed around by our business people, and also present him/herself professionally to external partners;
8. Ability to identify and escalate issues and risks during every day work, and make reasonable assessments in general;
9. Flexible working hours but must be able to support colleagues in EU, UK, Americas; business teams are somewhat demanding in terms of quick turnaround/responsiveness.
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.