Legal Counsel (Global role, Fintech, Mandarin skill)
Telecommunications / Technology
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
8 - 15 Year(s)
The person will be the primary lawyer supporting the Company international's business, key responsibilities include:
- Provide legal and regulatory advice for daily business operations and general commercial and transactional matters;
- Handle all commercial contract negotiations with e-merchants, banks and other financial services companies and with systems and other service providers;
- Manage all marketing and other procurement contracts with the support of paralegal;
- Follow relevant legal developments in financial services laws and regulations and advise management on implications;
- Train non-legal colleagues on relevant legal issues;
- Help create standard form documentation for customer and other agreements (online and offline); and
- Support international and domestic regulatory compliance team, including preparation of regulatory documents and other communications.
- At least 8 years of relevant legal experience in multinationals or leading international law firms. Those with experiences in payments or financial services or internet/technology industries preferred.
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English and Mandarin Chinese.
- Strong legal knowledge and skills, able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player, good interpersonal skills and communicate well.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Experience with e-commerce, payments or financial services preferred.
- Some travel within China or overseas to be expected. (30% to 50% traveling)
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.