Head, Legal, Sec, Compliance & Risk Management
Compliance/Regulatory,Corporate / M&A / Commercial,Corporate Secretarial,Litigation,Property
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
15 - 25 Year(s)
- Lead and manage legal, secretariat, compliance and risk management team (LSC team), including and not limited to overseeing and reviewing the work of legal and secretariat managers and executives.
- Responsible for working with the operations and business teams on structuring of the acquisition and disposal of real estate, fund raising, merger and joint venture projects as well as advisory on compliance with the laws and regulatory requirements governing the businesses of the group of companies in Malaysia, including REIT and non-REIT entities.
- Review contractual documents and litigation matters which have been managed by the LSC team and which requires critical decisions.
- Structure transactions, manage external counsel and provide general legal advice including cross-border legal support to various business and functions within the group of companies.
- Provide response and necessary information within the compliance requirements during internal audits and external audits/enquiries by the authorities/regulators.
- Attend to and solve any legal, risk and compliance issues that may arise from time to time.
- Ensure all legal, risk and compliance obligations pertaining to the real estate investment trust and manager of the trust are met at all times.
- Develop and maintain a close and productive working relationship between members of the LSC team and vis a vis other key departments within the group of companies.
- Develop and maintain professional standards within the LSC team and to maintain the integrity of all systems and reports.
- Establish rapport with subordinates, create and maintain department morale and build team efforts to achieve excellent results.
- Ensure good team discipline in terms of adherence to company's policies, attendance to the job scope and punctuality to the office.
- Lead, provide guidance and delegate tasks to subordinates as well as assess their performance.
- Supervise and monitor their job scope for purposes of satisfactory job completion. Motivate and mentor subordinates towards self-improvement and better job performance.
- Conduct succession planning to ensure sustainability of the department and overall company's interests.
- Perform any other duties, which may be assigned/directed by the Group General Counsel and CEOs of the group of companies from time to time.
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in Law or equivalent. Call to the Malaysian Bar is an added advantage.
- Possess experience from practice in a legal firm in Malaysia and with a minimum of 15 years of experience in a Malaysian Corporation and/or Public Listed Company would be an added advantage.
- Well exposed to litigation, corporate law practice, transactional M&A especially in real estate and fund raising work gained from private practice and/or as an in-house lawyer.
- Possess a good understanding of regulatory guidelines, policies and operating processes pertaining to securities governed by the Securities Commission Malaysia and Bursa Malaysia.
- Analytical and possess an inquisitive mind.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Possess strong leadership and people management skills.
- Flexible and result-oriented in approach.
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.