Legal & Compliance - Senior Executive/Executive
Legal Assistant / Associate
Banking & Finance,Compliance/Regulatory,Corporate / M&A / Commercial
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
0 - 3 Year(s)
1. Legal Key Functions:
- Providing legal support and advice to various business divisions
- Drafting, advising, and reviewing commercial agreements and other legal documents
- Reviewing and analyzing commercial transactions to minimize business risk
- Coordinating with external lawyers on legal, corporate, and litigation matters
- Reviewing internal policies and procedures and advising management on legal implications and issues
- Liaising with business divisions to evaluate and provide solutions for legal problems and potential risks
- Supporting legal training materials and initiatives
2. Compliance Key Functions:
- Act as 2nd Line of Defence in policy design and provide expert advice on regulatory compliance issues relevant to the business lines
- Conducting periodic internal reviews to test the effectiveness and adherence of the internal controls.
- Act as subject-matter expert on AML/CFT
- Identifying compliance issues and investigating suspicious transactions
- Responsible to execute the compliance monitoring program
- Providing employee training on compliance-related topics
- Bachelor's degree in Laws or Legal.
- 0 to 3 years of relevant experience (Fresh graduate is encouraged to apply)
- Pleasant personality, good command of both spoken and written English.
- Good sense of urgency and able to work under pressure and meet submission deadlines with minimal advice.
- Background in AML/CFT regulations would be a favorable advantage
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.