Patent Executive/ Specialist/Manager
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
5 - 7 Year(s)
Attend to patent prosecution applications (PCT or national filings) from taking of invention disclosures, claims & specification drafting to Patent Registry prosecution up to grant, and post-grant maintenance and infringement issues.
- General knowledge of patent prosecution up to grant to supervise/guide patents executives/support staff in managing patent portfolio.
- Taking invention disclosures including debriefing inventors.
- Conducting searches on patent databases and preparing novelty and/or patentability reports.
-Drafting patent claims and specification, including preparing informal drawings for filing with patent offices - compliance with PCT and/or Common Application Format (USPTO-JPO-EPO) is desirable.
- Performing patent validity and/or infringement analysis and preparing reports therefore.
- Preparing technical response to Substantive Examination Adverse Report.
- Keep abreast of developing case law on substantive patent law.
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor Degree, Post-Graduate Diploma in any field of science, technology or engineering. Professional qualification such as Patent Agent Examination of Malaysia or Singapore, or other foreign patent bar qualification, or law degree with/without professional qualification will be an advantage.
- At least 5 to 7 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Excellent command of English (at a technical & analytical written level suitable for patent and an ordinary spoken level)
- Ability to communicate proficiently in Bahasa Malaysia and Chinese will be an advantage.
- Results oriented with the ability to work independently.
- Proficient in MS Office and knowledge in computer-aided drawing application will be an added advantage.
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.