- Contract review for APAC (as assigned), including preparing, structuring, reviewing, revising and drafting commercial contracts in a timely manner.
- Coordinating, liaising and negotiating commercial contract with internal stakeholder and clients.
- Advising business on contracts, dispute or other business concerns arising from day-to-day business activities (i.e. employment dispute, non-competition, data protection etc.).
- Reviewing and advising on other legal and/or commercial documents (i.e., leases, employment contract, demand letters etc.);
- Developing and implementing of contracts management process. Providing in-house basic legal trainings to the Business where necessary.
- Taking part in assessing/exploring new business and/or service model. Provide practical and efficient legal comments and suggestions regarding risk management.
- Work together with senior legal counsel and other department to providing legal advice to assist in the evaluation and management of compliance with data privacy, cybersecurity and industry regulations in APAC.
- Research, analyze and keep abreast of any new regulations which may impact recruitment industries and business operation, includes but is not limited to data protection and cybersecurity regulations.
- Working with senior legal counsel and compliance counsel to implement, review, advise, and update the compliance processes & policies for the region to be in line with any changes/new data privacy laws, industrial regulations and guidance introduced by local authorities/ government bodies:
o Stay abreast of legal and regulatory compliances in APAC in order to ensure the business is aware and best prepared for any changes that come into effect.
o Develop and continuously review the organization's regulatory compliance processes, standards, and controls to ensure they remain up to date and meet current statutory and regulatory requirements.
o Effectively communicate the regulatory compliance requirements to the business and work with the business and compliance counsel to ensure continued compliance.
o Draft compliance policies, and processes with input and feedback from the business.
- Work together with senior legal counsel to draft any documents that is required in relation to the compliance of data privacy, cyber security and industrial regulations.
- Maintaining a legal library for regulatory research done and regulatory advice given in the region.
- Supporting licensing and registration process in the region.
- Liaise and work with external legal adviser in the region where required.
- Develop and deliver training where appropriate for the business, to improve adherence to data privacy and industrial regulation and regulatory processes.
- Any other tasks may be assigned from time to time.
- Qualified lawyer in any Common Law countries.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in regulatory and contract review. Experience in data privacy is a must.
- Regional data or recruitment regulations knowledge is not a must, however familiarity with data privacy definition and compliance process is a must.
Appetite to learn and become a subject matter expert is vital.
- Must have critical thinking ability to evaluate fact situation, identify legal issues, analyze, understand and apply the statutes and regulation.
- Able to work independently and willingness to self-learning and upskill, especially in data privacy and cyber security.
- Strong communication skills essential in order to effectively and confidentially, interact with stakeholders of all levels and from multiple regions.
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented.
- Willingness and flexibility to work on a variety of legal, compliance and regulatory matters.
- Fluent speaking and reading Mandarin or Japanese are bonus