Corporate / M&A / Commercial,Equity Capital Market
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
2 - 6 Year(s)
- Draft, review, revise and negotiate simple and complex contracts, including but not limited to those related to existing and new corporate or commercial projects, products and services of the group's business.
- Monitor and provide counsel on the group's policies and operating procedures and ensure its compliance with the prevailing applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and authorities' rulings.
- To anticipate, manage and/or render sound and practical solutions to legal risks/issues that may arise connected with or resulting from the group's business strategy and operations.
- Oversee the proper and accurate maintenance of registers and records of legal documents to ensure confidentiality, safe custody, and easy retrieval of the group's documents.
- Ensure proper and timely preparation/delivery/filing of statutory forms, documents, resolutions and/or announcements with the relevant regulatory authorities.
- Planning/implementing procedural and administrative systems to ensure effective and efficient administration of the department.
- Manage assigned legal workstream and project matters to completion.
- LL.B. with a strict 2 years and above experience in general corporate work (i.e. mergers and acquisitions, corporate and commercial transactions) gained at a reputable firm or in-house.
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, reasoning, negotiation, and legal research skills.
- A commercial mind that is able to identify and distil a variety of legal issues (e.g. statutory, regulatory, contractual) and clearly communicate practical risk-based solutions.
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills with impeccable attention to detail.
- Passion for excellence, thrives in fast paced environments.
- Mandarin fluency will be an advantage.
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.