Country Legal Counsel (Hybrid working model)
Corporate / M&A / Commercial
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
10 - 15 Year(s)
- Acting as the lead legal support providing strategic and pragmatic legal advice to business stakeholders on all legal issues relating to the Company's Malaysia business (including commercial, corporate, technology, operations, supply chain, logistics, finance, compliance, data protection, M&A, litigation, HR, and marketing).
- Providing timely contract drafting and negotiation for the Company's full suite of contracts, including purchasing agreements, marketing agreements, logistics agreements, employment agreements, on-line terms and conditions, technology and licensing agreements, manufacturing agreements, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Identifying legal risks, drafting risk mitigation strategies and providing practical and effective solutions to the business' complex operations.
- Advising on and preparing documents relating to various corporate and M&A matters concerning the Company's business.
- Advising on and assisting with the management of the Company's intellectual property portfolio.
- Supporting the development and launch of key compliance initiatives, including the development and delivery of training programs for the Company across the region.
- Advising on the Company's compliance with data protection laws.
- Advising on and managing the resolution of disputes, litigation and regulatory matters affecting the business.
- Managing external counsel (as required) with a focus on obtaining cost-effective, high-quality, pragmatic and timely advice, on time and within budget.
- Developing and maintaining relations with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure the Company's interests are well-represented.
- Have 10 to 15 years of combined private practice and in-house legal experience including experience working in fast-paced companies e.g. TMT, logistic, retails and others.
- Be interested in mentoring mid-level counsel.
- Be comfortable interacting with and advising C-level stakeholders
- Extensive legal experience in logistics, corporate, commercial law, intellectual property and government relations.
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Oral and written proficiency in English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Vast legal experience in some or all of the following areas: supply chain, technology law, e-commerce, data protection.
- Litigation experience, especially IP litigation.
- Extensive experience supporting the following businesses: e-commerce, telecommunications, airlines, shipping, couriers, freight forwarding, retail or FMCG
- A critical thinker with the ability to drill into, organize and solve complex legal issues and assess the wider impact of matters on the Company's operation and business objectives.
- Outstanding legal drafting skills and attention to detail.
- Strong sense of responsibility and initiative. Can work independently.
- A master of prioritization and time management.
- A natural at forming collaborative professional relationships and comfortable in supporting members of the senior management team.
- Ability to work with stakeholders from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Strong commercial awareness with genuine interest in the e-commerce business and capacity to quickly pick up new business concepts.
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.