A. Deals/Matter Collection and Directory Submissions
1. Coordinate deal/matter collection and reporting on a monthly basis
2. Maintain updated deals lists
3. Follow up on status of key deals until completion
4. Maintain marketing diary with directory submissions deadlines, keeping key stakeholders updated.
5. Draft and coordinate submissions with PBS resources and lawyers
6. Monitor and comment on directory/league table submissions, to ensure all submissions are appropriate, consistent with the department plan and made on time
1. Plan and manage events, including client training and seminars and sponsorships from inception to completion, to ensure maximum stand-out and ROI.
2. Assist in the coordination and preparation for events such as seminars and conferences, social events. Work with JAO resources as appropriate.
1. Assist the partners in developing new business through pitching; providing background research, collating information on the firm's experience and producing a focused business proposal.
2. Manage the production of pitches with PBS resources with great attention to detail and to agreed deadlines.
1. Provide strategic/creative advice to partners in the assigned practice, with a view to generating a department-wide business development strategy that will help raise the firm's profile and business opportunities in that area. Working with the regional business development teams to ensure that these are consistent.
2. Act as an advocate for the Business Development department at practice level, ensuring key
messages, brand strategy and marketing output in all its forms is properly understood and
appreciated by partners and lawyers.
3. Assist in drafting and compilation of BD activities for reporting purposes
4. Attend to marketing or business development requests on behalf of the office
E. General Administration
1. Assist in the coordination/distribution of client invitations, alerts & newsletters, corporate gifts, etc.
2. Administration of Global Pitch Tracker
3. Administration of empanelment applications
4. Maintain membership with various chambers and associations such as the American Malaysian Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM), Malaysian International Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MICCI), etc.
5. Sourcing and management of corporate gifts and branded goods
F. BD Resources
1. Maintain firm profile and other centralised promotional materials
2. Prepare promotional packages for client visits, events, etc
3. Coordinate studio photo shoots for all lawyers (for use in CVs and other directories)
4. Maintain Marketing Database/Interaction
1. Coordinate, format and disseminate relevant client alerts on an ad-hoc basis
2. Maintaining record of articles submitted to various internal and external publications
3. Maintain CVs for all lawyers
1. Degree, preferably in communications/marketing/business/law or one of the humanities.
2. Previous relevant experience in a professional services or client service role, e.g., communications agency, PR and events, or advertising an advantage.
3. Good command of English
4. Fresh graduates will be considered, but preferably candidates with at least minimum of 3 years working experience
5. Administrative experience an advantage