Associate - Corporate M&A
Legal Assistant / Associate
Corporate / M&A / Commercial
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
4 - 6 Year(s)
- 4 to 6 years post admission experience
- substantial experience relating to mergers & acquisitions (public and private), shareholder agreements and joint ventures, equity capital markets, corporate restructurings and reorganizations, schemes of arrangement and consolidation and general securities laws and commercial work
- Familiar with all phases and elements of transactional work in relation to mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and equity capital markets.
- Familiar with the drafting/reviewing of commercial contracts and providing legal and regulatory advice relating to laws and regulations affecting major sectors of the Malaysian economy.
- Proactively and confidently manage clients and their expectations with professional responsiveness, as part of the Firm's business development and during all touch points with the clients.
- Good academic results from a well regarded university.
- Post admission working experience obtained at a corporate, commercial or real estate practice of a major commercial law firm in Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, London or Hong Kong.
- Strong drafting skills and proficiency in English. Bilingual and multilingual candidates will be prioritized.
- Possess an outgoing personality and leadership qualities.
- Clear demonstration of leadership skills and a strong team player.
- Willing to travel.
- Applicants should be Malaysian citizens or hold relevant residence status only
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.