Legal Counsel (Regional Role, Hong Kong)
Corporate / M&A / Commercial
Outside Malaysia, HONG KONG
2 - 4 Year(s)
- Leading role in contract review for Greater China, including preparing, structuring, reviewing, revising and drafting commercial contracts in a timely manner.
- Coordinating, liaising and negotiating commercial contract with internal stakeholder and clients.
- Advising business on contracts, dispute or other business concerns arising from day-to-day business activities (i.e. employment dispute, non-competition, data protection etc.) .
- Reviewing and advising on other legal and/or commercial documents (i.e., leases, employment contract, demand letters etc.);
- Developing and implementing of contracts management process. Providing in-house basic legal trainings to the Business where necessary.
- Taking part in assessing/exploring new business and/or service model. Provide practical and efficient legal comments and suggestions regarding risk management.
- Leading role in managing license renewals, regulatory inspections and other regulatory compliance matters in GC (including consultation with relevant government authority on compliance issues).
- Other ad hoc tasks that are required from time to time, e.g. legal research, assisting in other compliance and regulatory matters.
- Providing day-to-day legal support to the business and regional legal team where required.
- Candidate must have an LLB, 2-4 years legal experience, with experience in contract review, management and negotiations.
- Business level proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English, Mandarin and Cantonese are essential;
- Able to hit the ground and running and handle matters effectively and independently with minimum supervision. Willing to take ownership;
- Candidate with both private practise and inhouse experience is preferred;
- Able to handle conflicting priorities and meet scheduled and/or tight deadlines. Strong time management skill;
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels;
- Team player. Have a strong work ethic and eager to learn. Deliver high quality and competent work.