Junior Regulatory Counsel (Regional Role, Mandarin Skill)
Compliance/Regulatory,Personal Data Protection
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
2 - 6 Year(s)
- Work together with senior legal counsel and compliance counsel to providing legal advice to assist the Company in the evaluation and management of compliance with data privacy, cybersecurity and industry regulations in multiple jurisdictions in APAC.
- Research, analyze and keep abreast of any new regulations which may impact recruitment industries and business operation, includes but is not limited to data protection and cybersecurity regulations.
- Working with senior legal counsel and compliance counsel to implement, review, advise, and update the compliance processes & policies for the region to be in line with any changes/new data privacy laws, industrial regulations and guidance introduced by local authorities/ government bodies:
i. Stay abreast of legal and regulatory compliances in multiple regions within APAC in order to ensure the business is aware and best prepared for any changes that come into effect.
ii. Develop and continuously review the organization's regulatory compliance processes, standards, and controls to ensure they remain up to date and meet current statutory and regulatory requirements.
iii. Effectively communicate the regulatory compliance requirements to the business and work with the business and compliance counsel to ensure continued compliance.
iv. Draft compliance policies, and processes with input and feedback from the business.
- Work together with senior legal counsel to draft any documents that is required in relation to the compliance of data privacy, cyber security and industrial regulations.
- Maintaining a legal library for regulatory research done and regulatory advice given in the region.
- Supporting licensing and registration process in the region.
- Liaise and work with external legal adviser in the region where required.
- Develop and deliver training where appropriate for the business, to improve adherence to data privacy and industrial regulation and regulatory processes.
- Qualified lawyer in any Common Law countries.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in regulatory. Experience in data privacy is preferred.
- Must be able to speak and read Mandarin to be able to review and analyze regulations and laws in Mandarin.
- Regional data or recruitment regulations knowledge is not a must, however appetite to learn and become a subject matter expert is vital.
- Must have critical thinking ability to evaluate fact situation, identify legal issues, analyze, understand and apply the statutes and regulation.
- Able to work independently and willingness to self-learning and upskill, especially in data privacy and cyber security.
- Strong communication skills essential in order to effectively and confidentially, interact with stakeholders of all levels and from multiple regions.
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented.
- Willingness and flexibility to work on a variety of legal, compliance and regulatory matters.