1. To report to the Group Head - Legal (GH) and provide support in the role of advising in all legal and compliance matters affecting group. This covers support with regard to contracts, commercial transactions, merger & acquisition, employment law, litigation, dispute resolution and legal policies and processes.
2. To manage and conduct strategy meetings to identify legal issues and offer practical solutions, facilitate discussions and complete deliverables based on senior management's input.
3. To recommend implementation plans to mitigate legal risks in relation to business and operations.
4. To assist and review cause papers for litigation/dispute resolution matters and monitor litigation cases with updates to be given to the GH.
4. To vet, draft and review contracts, with ability to assess legal risks and provide guidance to internal stakeholders on negotiation of contracts.
5. To advise on compliance related matters which includes, anti-bribery and corruption practices and personal data protection matters and carry out awareness/training sessions to the internal stakeholders in consultation with GH.
6. Able to effectively communicate and liaise with internal and external stakeholders (which includes inter-departments, senior management, auditors, consultants and external lawyers)
7. To assist in company secretarial matters and act as liaison officer to the external Company Secretary.
8. To provide regular updates to GH and senior management, manage all other ad-hoc requests & undertake special projects as required by GH
9. To perform administrative functions to support the department as requested by GH.
Education / Professional Qualification
1. Possess a degree in Law from a recognized university.
2. At least 5 years relevant experience in handling corporate and commercial law matters. Litigation experience will be an advantage.
1. Resourceful, meticulous and gives attention to details.
2. Strong verbal and written skills, fluent in English and Malay language.
3. Must have good computer skills - MS Office tools.
4. Results driven, persistent - able to self-direct and work independently showing initiative, while seeking guidance when appropriate.