Legal Counsel (Global Role - Hybrid Work Arrangement)
Corporate / M&A / Commercial
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
5 - 8 Year(s)
- Prepares, drafts, vets, executes and reviews cross-jurisdiction agreements.
- Conducts research on the laws of multiple countries and apply the laws in the drafting of agreements.
- Negotiates terms of the agreements with contracting parties from multiple countries to conclude the agreements.
- Provides advices/solutions/alternatives to the management to enable better decision making to minimize potential disputes/breaches.
- Ensures the filing and safe-keeping of post-executed agreements.
- Manages the whole prosecution process comprising of conducting international trademark searches via the internet, filing international trademarks, drafts replies to office actions and third parties' objections, manage post-registration and renewals.
- Assists in general management of the company's Intellectual Property portfolio.
- Monitors and manage post-executed agreements ie. validity period and extension of the agreements prior to the expiry dates.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in Law, LLB or its equivalent.
- Certificate in Legal Practice or its equivalent.
- Admitted to the Bar as an Advocate & Solicitor or its equivalent.
- 5 to 8 years of legal experience preferably with at least 4 years of practising in law firms.
- Experienced in drafting various types of agreements and managing the whole end-to-end process.
- Possesses prior experience in managing trademarks.
- Experience in drafting intellectual property related agreements, such as licensing agreements, is an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a high level of proficiency in verbal and written English.
- Computer literate with knowledge in MS Office applications.
- Good analytical skills, result oriented, organized, detailed and committed to deadlines.
- Innovative, resourceful and a team player with the ability to work independently in a dynamic & fast paced environment.
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.