Legal Specialist (Network & Regulatory)
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
10 - 15 Year(s)
- Legal support & advisory to business divisions within the group to facilitate contracts and dealings with other telecommunications providers and to provide legal advisory on regulatory matters and issues relating to the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998.
- Collaborate with various departments within the group especially the network and regulatory teams to understand their requirements and concerns with a view to provide legal advisory and support - this will facilitate the operations of the group while ensuring compliance
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial and technology contracts with other telecommunication operators for the procurement and also provision of wholesale telecommunication services/access services.
- Draft, review and negotiate partnership and collaboration agreements with other telecommunication operators relating to the network e.g domestic roaming, radio access agreements, tower sharing, etc.
- Provide legal advice relating to telecommunications laws in particular the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998 and associated subsidiary legislation, guidelines and policies.
- Where required to interface, liaise and coordinate between the group stakeholders and external counsel.
- Ensure the interests are protected while complying with laws and regulations when undertaking assigned duties and tasks.
- Balance legal issues against commercial requirements in the performance of assigned duties and tasks. Rendering pragmatic legal advice while ensuring legal compliance and interests are protected
- Degree in Law (LLB)
- Minimum 10 years' post qualifying experience.
- Background in telecommunications regulatory and network related matters are encouraged to apply
- Able to work independently
- Positive, passionate, collaborative
- Thrives in a challenging and dynamic environment
- Enjoys learning new things, meeting new people and working with diverse range of internal stakeholders.
- Critical thinking and good problem-solving abilities
- Strong communication, inter-personal and negotiation skills when dealing with counter-parties to a transaction as well as internal stakeholders.
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.