Data Privacy/GDPR Associate
Legal Assistant / Associate
Personal Data Protection
Outside Malaysia, HONG KONG
3 - 5 Year(s)
- drafting, advising on and negotiating:
I. agreements among controllers and processors
II. standard contractual clauses
III. complex data protection provisions in corporate agreements
IV. other complex agreements relating to privacy or data protection
- drafting and advising on most, ideally all, of the following: privacy policies; international data transfer agreements; subject access and other data subject requests; data sharing and data processing arrangements; data breach response; privacy-related complaints and investigations; direct marketing and cookies; terms for the acquisition of personal data.
- involvement at an appropriate level in the investigation and reporting of data flows across organisations.
- involvement in data protection compliance audits, including experience with interviewing respondents to data protection compliance questionnaires and involvement at an appropriate level in drafting data protection compliance/gap analysis reports.
- drafting and/or advising on the following (desirable): terms for the monetisation of data; AI as it relates to personal data; adtech.
1. 3-5 years PQE; the fewer years' qualification you have the more you must have excellent experience in the relevant data protection and privacy fields.
2. To the extent that your experience does not lie in commercial data protection law, it must be in transactional (preferable) or advisory technology law.
3. (Preferably) CIPP/E qualification; those without such a qualification will be expected to acquire it.
4. Either a qualification in a common law jurisdiction or continuous experience in common law drafting in English since qualification.
5. Excellent academic credentials
6. Strong team player
7. Good communicator both orally and in writing
8. Able to demonstrate initiative and pro-activity
9. Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm