APAC - Commercial Contract Review (70%)
- Day to day legal contract review work for all business units in ANZ, SEA (Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Vietnam), India and Korea - Sales Agreement, Purchase Agreement (Procurement Contracts), Service Agreements, Lease Agreement, Quality Agreement, Channel Partner Agreement, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Consignment Agreements.
- Advise on legal issues, risks, and company policies to all commercial and functional groups.
- Review complex non-standard confidentiality agreements.
- Liaise with Finance team to ensure negotiated contract terms are compliant with revenue, credit, and payment guidelines.
- Communicate legal updates to commercial and functional teams when required across the region.
- Train commercial & functional groups in APAC for compliance with the Global Contract Review Procedure
- Implement updates to the contract processes/workflow and forms.
- Direct all contract review work is undertaken through the Contracts Connect portal and all executed agreements end up in the Repository.
- Implement global compliance activities/projects across the APAC region.
- Manage compliance investigations in APAC and coordinate with the Senior Compliance Officer
- Channel Partner Activities - including review complex Red Flag Review Forms for sign off by the Senior Compliance Manager.
Real Estate & CommOps support (5%)
- Office leases, renewals and terminations
- Review of warehouse leases
- Negotiation of contracts with Logistics providers
Global Projects (5%)
- Support and collaborate with the global legal & compliance team on various global projects.
- Bachelor of Laws Degree from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with a major law firm or in a corporate in-house position for a public global/MNC company.
- Experience leading a small team.
- Have experience working with business stakeholders from different countries.
- Good command of English spoken and written.
- Technology savvy with good interpersonal and communication skills.