Legal Counsel (12 months contract)
Corporate / M&A / Commercial,Personal Data Protection,Telecommunications / Technology
8 - 15 Year(s)
- Independently handle complex projects and legal matters, which include day-to-day operational work, strategic projects, corporate exercises, dispute resolution, and regulatory compliance.
- Lead projects or work assignment and play a pro-active role in structuring transactions from both legal and commercial perspectives to ensure achievement of business objectives.
- Independently manage, draft, review and negotiate commercial and technology agreements including tower site rollouts, tenancies and equipment installation.
- Attend to requests from authorities and manage issues with Local Councils.
- Manage post-contract issues, including dispute resolution and litigation.
- Advise stakeholders and management of legal risks, communicate the impact, value propositions and recommend ways to mitigate such risks from a commercial and business solution perspective.
- Engage with industry players and participate in industry forums on broader telco legal issues.
- Provide training and presentations to stakeholders, management and the Legal department.
- Engage in the development and implementation of activities to enhance processes, efficiency and growth in the Legal department.
- Possesses a recognized degree in Law, LLB (Hons) and is a qualified Advocate & Solicitor of Malaysia.
- Minimum 8 years legal experience, with at least 4 years' legal practice experience.
- Solid experience in litigation and commercial matters. Experience in the telecom or IT industry is an advantage.
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.