Legal Manager (Equity Capital Markets, Derivatives, Technology/Digital Banking)
Equity Capital Market,Telecommunications / Technology
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
3 - 5 Year(s)
About the Legal Manager role:
In this business-critical role, the counsel is responsible for delivering strategic advice and solutions, managing legal risks as well as drafting, reviewing and negotiating transactional documents and other agreements in respect of the Bank's equity capital markets and derivatives businesses and supporting the Bank's technology/digital agendas.
- Render sound, effective and practical legal solutions and advice to stakeholders.
- Draft, review and negotiate documents and agreements with minimal supervision.
- Provide legal support in the development of new products and offerings within Malaysia and other jurisdictions where the Bank is present.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and external counsel.
- To identify issues and legal risks and provide proactive solutions.
- Keep abreast of legislative and regulatory changes affecting the Bank's operations.
- Degree in law and a qualified advocate and solicitor in Malaysia.
- A minimum of 3 years in legal practice or in-house experience preferably in equity capital markets, derivatives and technology/digital banking.
- Problem solving and strategic in thinking with strong analytical skills.
- Hands on transactional experience and ability to draft, review and negotiate transactional
documents with minimal supervision.
- Strong ability to identify legal risks, review and enhance documentation and processes.
- Firm grasp of, and familiarity with, relevant laws and regulatory frameworks.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Passionate about constant improvement and innovation.
- Self-motivated individual with excellent organisational skills.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively.
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.