Legal Counsel APAC (MNC / Mandarin)
Corporate / M&A / Commercial
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
3 - 4 Year(s)
- Leading role in contract review for SEA and GC where required, including preparing, structuring, reviewing, revising and drafting commercial contracts in a timely manner.
- Coordinating, liaising and negotiating commercial contract with internal stakeholder and clients.
- Advising business on contracts and disputes related to contracts.
- Reviewing and advising on other legal and commercial documents.
- Developing and implementation of contracts management process. Providing in-house contract training and education.
- Taking part in assessing new business and new service model. Providing practical and efficient legal comments and suggestions to risk control.
- Other ad hoc tasks that are required from time to time, e.g. legal research, assisting in other compliance and regulatory matters.
- Providing day-to-day legal support on legal team where required.
- Expansion to other compliance and regulatory legal roles if interested.
- 3-4 years of post-qualification legal experience (at least 1-year inhouse experience with contract review experience). Law firm experience in employment law is a bonus but not a must.
- Candidate must have a strong capability in researching.
- Business level proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English and Mandarin is essential.
- Able to handle conflicting priorities and meet scheduled deadlines.
- Strong time management skills, able to work effectively and independently without supervision. Willing to take ownership.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Team player. Have a strong work ethic and eager to learn.
- Must be able to deliver high quality and competent work.
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.