Compliance/Regulatory,Personal Data Protection,Telecommunications / Technology
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
7 - 15 Year(s)
1. Why does this job exist and why is it critical??
- This Legal Specialist role is expected to collaborate with various business divisions within the Company to facilitate operations and be a business partner to the Business and other internal stakeholders including legal advisory, review and strategic / pragmatic legal advice.
2. What are you accountable for?
- Collaborate with various business divisions within the Company especially network and regulatory to facilitate operations while ensuring compliance.
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial and technology contracts including with vendors, wholesale customers, business partners and other telecommunications providers.
- A business partner to support and provide legal, strategic and pragmatic advice to the business in particular matters relating to digital/technology services, network equipment eg. Radio access, towers assets, RGW, network sharing
- Provide legal advice on business operations relating to compliance including policies or guidelines affecting the company and managing complaints (eg. under Communication and Multimedia Act, Consumer Protection Act, Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission, access, spectrum, etc)
- Able to balance legal issues against commercial requirements in the performance of assigned duties and tasks. Advice must be practical while ensuring the Company's interests are protected and compliance observed.
- Degree in Law (LLB)
- Minimum 7 years' experience post being called to the Bar with at least 3 years in private practice with a leading law firm and 2 years in-house experience
- Candidates with background in regulatory related matters, digital/technology, network and/or telecommunications are encouraged to apply
- Able to work independently
- Personal traits : positive, passionate, collaborative, ability to perform in a challenging and dynamic environment
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.