1. Provide legal advice and counsel to company management across either a broad range of legal issues, or within one specialist area, and manage dispute and litigation matters as directed.
2. Anticipate and identify legal issues of concern to management and proactively develop effective legal strategies and practical solutions.
3. Assist with negotiation of consortium agreements, contracts, partnerships and other contractual terms in collaboration with relevant business managers.
4. Review and comment on commercial and technical tender terms and conditions. Develop contract strategy based on company policies, customer requirements, and the overall execution strategy taking into account risk, pricing, scope, and schedule.
5. Support drafting of Purchase Orders, Contracts and Subcontracts and ensure that relevant (sub) contracts contain appropriate contract terms to protect company's interest, including flow-down of main contract terms.
6. Analyse contract terms to highlight areas of potential opportunity and risk, such as ambiguities, omissions and conflicts, as work proceeds. Give advice from Legal standpoint to draft, negotiate and finalize agreements during the Sales and Project Execution phases. Develop and implement risk mitigation and opportunity plan in concert with Project Management Teams.
7. Support Project management with respect to change methodologies in portfolio of contracts to identify changes and quantify the additional time and compensation due to the company as per the contract. Enforce and defend company's contractual interests against customers and suppliers during the whole of project lifecycle, including monitoring and assessment of changes and deviations, as well as defending and enforcing claims. Support Project management in handling formal dispute resolution, litigation and arbitration.
8. Verify that both parties to the contract have fulfilled their contractual obligations and there are no responsibilities outstanding. Assess success of the contract and determines if there are any lessons learned for future contracting. Communicate verbally and in writing to all appropriate parties any deficiencies found as part of the closeout process.
9. Ensure contract insurance provisions are adhered to and coordinates with Insurance Risk Management regarding occurrences that may be covered by customer or company provided insurance.
10. Give advice from Legal standpoint to ensure accurate handling of all export control matters and ensure close review of all contracts and projects with regard to restrictions on exports, considering countries, customers or products involved and the respective laws and company regulations.
11. Manage and liaise with external service providers, including external legal counsel and contract management.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in law. Certificate in Legal Practice is an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience is required. Preferably in corporate legal department for 3 years and total experience is more than 8 years.
- Competent in legal functions including litigation, commercial, contracts, projects.