Competition,Compliance/Regulatory,Corporate / M&A / Commercial,Intellectual Property,Legal Marketing,Litigation,Medical,Personal Data Protection
8 - 10 Year(s)
- Provide business partners with timely legal analysis and advice on all legal related matters, including corporate governance and compliance issues. To ensure the provision of optimal legal support through both internal and external resources.
- Participate in business meetings and projects to ensure general compliance with the law and company policies, and that the legal interest of the company is protected.
- Knowledgeable with respect to current and pending legislation, new legal development and guidelines relevant to the industry and business, and advise business accordingly.
- Provide training on legal issues to employees as needed.
- Participate on project teams, ensuring that their decisions and recommendations protect the legal interests of the company, and execute decisions to achieve objectives on a timely basis.
- To assist business partners with preparation and negotiation of agreements, review of contracts and documents.
- To support Counsel Leader in the implementation of departmental plans and objectives, to deliver training to clients and third party agencies, handle company secretarial related manners, ensure work quality of outside counsel and monitor their working budget.
- A Degree in Law. Admission to the Malaysia Bar required.
- At least 8 years of professional and commercial experience.
- Proven experience of local law expertise and application to develop legal assessments and defense briefs on regulatory and commercial activities,
- Proven proficiency in dealing with different aspects of risks operating in a multinational working environment, and the ability to use that knowledge and experience effectively to engage and influence stakeholders showing sensitivity to, and understanding of, their differing needs and objectives.
- Demonstrates strong communication, engagement and business partnering skills.
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.