Assistant Vice President/Vice President, Corporate - Office of the Secretary (Malaysia, APAC)
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
5 - 15 Year(s)
(1) Governance responsibilities. These include:
o promoting and driving consistent standards for legal entity governance that support the firm's strategic objectives;
o providing guidance and oversight for these items to non-Legal corporate secretaries in accordance with internal model and standards;
o providing directors, senior management and legal entities with advice, support and training across corporate governance matters, including in relation to relevant laws and regulations, governance practices and legal entity management; and
o advising and assisting, as appropriate, with resolution and recovery plan related matters and other local, regional and global projects.
(2) Board related matters. These include:
o organizing board and board committee meetings;
o advising on governance matters requiring board attention;
o advising directors on their legal duties and on board governance practices;
o advising on, organizing and implementing director orientation and continuing education; and
o advising and assisting with regulatory requirements.
(3) Legal entity related matters. These include:
o maintaining corporate records and certifications;
o advising on corporate procedures and record retention, as relates to governance matters;
o advising on inter-affiliate service agreements and managing certain regulatory filings; and
o advising on company law and corporate governance matters.
- University graduate in Law or related discipline
- Minimum 8 years (for VP) or 5 years (for AVP) of relevant legal, corporate governance or comparable experience
- Qualified member of the Malaysian Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, Malaysian Institute of Accountants, Malaysian Association of Company Secretaries or Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Experience in regulatory reporting/filing is an advantage
- Ability to work as a collaborative and proactive member of a team
- Must be meticulous, organized and take pride in your work
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and within tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English is imperative
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.