Corporate Legal Counsel [ MNC / Penang }
Corporate / M&A / Commercial,Others
3 - 5 Year(s)
- Review of contracts: Draft, revise and analyse standard and customised commercial contracts with suppliers, and partners. Including NDAs, Supplier Agreements and Manufacturing Agreements.
-Support contracts negotiation: Work with Directors and external legal counsel where necessary in reviewing and negotiating standard and non-standard commercial contracts with suppliers and partners.
- Risk management: Identify, assess and propose solutions to manage the risks associated with individual contracts and the way business is conducted in general. Work with Directors and external legal counsel to review and approve contract deviations beyond own designated authority.
- Policy development and implementation: Identify improvement opportunities in existing contract templates. Ensure compliance with established internal polices for the review, execution, and record-keeping of contracts.
- Education and training: Provide guidance and advice to the organisation and liaise with other corporate functions, as to company preferential contractual terms. Identify commercial, operational and legal risks and advise how to resolve, mitigate or manage those risks.
- Provide support to Customer Contracts legal advisor during times of high workload.
- LLB with 3-5 years in corporate practice
- Commercial Law: In depth understanding of business law, contract law, laws and regulations with respect to the purchase and sale of goods services and related legal concepts, such as export compliance, warranties, intellectual property and corporate social responsibility in a cross-jurisdictional context, including practical application in a business environment.
- Communication and interpersonal skills: Highly effective verbal and written communication skills in English language (including presentation skills) and excellent interpersonal skills within a multinational organisation and multicultural environment
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.