Banking & Finance,Capital Markets,Corporate / M&A / Commercial,Corporate Secretarial,Litigation,Property
Outside Malaysia, MYANMAR
5 - 8 Year(s)
- To work closely with management and different business units and provide general legal advice with regard to day-to-day commercial operations (including drafting, negotiating and reviewing of contracts).
- To provide strategic guidance and risk analysis for transactions.
- To provide advisory and overall project management responsibility for projects including corporate structuring, group financing, regulatory and general commercial advice.
- To provide advisory and overseeing corporate housekeeping, corporate secretarial, restructuring and governance for operating entities.
- To work collaboratively with global legal teams and manage external legal counsel where required for both corporate exercises as well as litigation or other dispute resolution matters.
- To oversee, keep updated and ensure compliance with regulations affecting public listed companies.
- Qualified advocate & solicitor from a Commonwealth jurisdiction as a practising lawyer or an in-house counsel. Experience in (a) real estate, (b) capital markets, (c) financial services, or (d) dispute resolution and in-house counsel for public listed companies, is preferred.
- Commercially-minded lawyer with strong analytical skills in identifying the needs of business.
- Possess excellent negotiation, communication and people management skills required to deal with colleagues within the operating entities and external partners in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Willingness to tackle new subjects outside area of expertise and to navigate highly ambiguous environments in an emerging market.
- Ability to work proactively and independently under tight timeframes and be solution-oriented.