Legal & Compliance Manager / Senior Manager
6 - 10 Year(s)
1. To involve in strategic planning and policy making activities with respect to legal/compliance and carry out various implementation activities.
2. To participate various activities at regional level including compliance audits, attending regional conference etc.
3. To conduct compliance programs as determined by Regional HQ , Country HQ and Global HQ's compliance policies.
4. Draft and review business contracts and legal/ compliance documents and provide in-house consultation on various legal/ compliance issues.
5. To handle HR/ IR/ Security related matters.
6. To plan, review and implement compliance/ risk governance matters.
7. To liaise with Regional HQ, Country HQ, Global HQ, and other subsidiaries, external firms of solicitors, other external professionals and government departments.
- Possess degree in law (LLB) or equivalent
- Around 7 years PQE (at least 4 years as legal and compliance practitioner)
- Strong exposure in handling litigation (commercial and industrial disputes) and business contracts
- Strong knowledge in business laws including company law, employment law & industrial relations, contract law, intellectual property etc.
- In addition, will be required to familiarize with the laws on competition/anti-cartel, export control, anti-bribery and data protection
- Strong experience and ability in conducting legal and compliance research & analysis and issuing legal and compliance opinions
- Strong passion and leadership to do best practice for compliance.
- Meticulous, team player, resourceful and a solution provider
- Proficient in both English & Bahasa Malaysia, verbal and written. Proficiency in Chinese/Japanese
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.