- To provide and manage legal services to ensure that Jabatan Digital dan Teknologi (JDT) is apprised of the attendant legal risks, including review of all contracts that obtain the most favourable terms for the Bank and minimise the Bank exposure to risk in adherence to the Bank legal policy and procurement standards
- Review, develop and implement new classes of contracts and relevant policy to support innovation in IT functions, with priority areas such as innovation lab, centralised development environment, industry open API, cloud usage, and the heightened engagement of global cyber security experts for on-going surveillance.
- Manage the creation and on-going maintenance and review of all contracts that fully describe the engagement, services and delivery from vendors that obtain the most favourable terms for the Bank and minimise the Bank exposure to risk in adherence to the Bank legal policy and procurement standards.
- Negotiate favourable terms, volume discounts and long-term contracts with suppliers and key external parties for the procurement of goods, services and supplies to ensure adequacy of cover and legal advice, to optimise the operational and capital expenditure of the Bank, including balancing the cost-risk allocation between the Bank and vendor.
- Manage the development and implementation of the standards for IT contracts, including terms, condition and provisions of contract, payment terms, vendor obligations to safeguard the Bank interests and mitigate operational, security and legal risks with a long-term view to mature and streamline IT contract administration.
- Manage the development, implementation and on-going improvement of contract processes and system, which may require a comprehensive review of the Bank legal policy, to ensure integrity of contracts, the processes and to achieve speed to market
Review contractual performance of both parties to ensure compliance with terms and to identify conflicts or changes requiring resolution at contract renewal.
- Act as the single point of contact in providing legal services for various contracts in JDT.
- Act as an agent for the approval process of the contract for contract initiation as well as any variation order.
- Administer the documentation, record keeping, and management of dashboard update for reporting to Management on IT legal risks.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Excellent verbal and written skills, and ability to convey contract terms as key risk control in a way that internal clients can appreciate.
- Discipline in maintaining deadlines and communicate on on-going basis with legal department, procurement management and vendors
- Good knowledge of regulations and law of Malaysia and the US, EU, intellectual property rights, data confidentiality and privacy.
- Experience in applying organisational standards when developing contract management process.
- Ability to work well with leaders from different community of practices to drive efficiency in contract management process.
QUALIFICATION / EXPERIENCE :
- Academic Qualifications: Minimum Bachelor degree in Legal.
- Experience: Minimum 6 years experience in IT technology contracting, fast track: 4 years with working experience in complex IT contracts negotiation.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS :
- Candidate must possess at least 5 Credits in SPM including Bahasa Malaysia, English and Mathematics.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.