APAC Legal Counsel
Corporate / M&A / Commercial
5 - 10 Year(s)
The counsel in this position plays a vital role of creating contracts that effectively protect the Company's rights and interests. Furthermore, in reviewing a contract between the Company and the other party to the contract, he/she is able to advise the business on any loopholes that could later present problems. If there is a breach of contract, he/she can effectively protect the business through negotiation, litigation, arbitration or other alternative dispute resolutions to enforce the contracts. In addition, he/she needs to be instrumental in promoting effective contract management across the APAC region.
(Detailed duties/tasks to be specified)
- Apply best practice methodologies to develop and implement contract strategies, drive and improve the contract management process across the APAC region;
- Develop and update the contract template database for various business units and entities within APAC and promote the usage;
- Review, draft and revise template agreements from counter-party to meet the needs of business;
- Negotiate contracts and escalate complex legal and factual issues to APAC General Counsel and assist in resolution;
- Extensive research on contract laws, statistical reporting and analysis, prepare and track metrics on contract management;
- Work closely with M&A team and external lawyers for agreements that are associated with M&A projects;
- Provide guidance and instructions on contract and contract management process, and deliver training to employees in relevant functions;
- Assist in other day-to-day legal matters and ad-hoc issues as instructed from time to time.
- Degree in Law;
- APAC exposure is preferred;
- Sophisticated drafting skills, well-versed in various templates, wording and clauses that characterize good contracts;
- Knowledgeable in business and capable of grasping the needs of the business even in the most complex arrangements;
- Strong interpersonal skills, sensitive to different cultures;
- Problem solver, assertive, eager to learn and take up challenges and face constant changes;
- Willing to accept challenges under minimal supervision, tight timeline and big pressure;
- Good at excel, word, powerpoint presentation.
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.