(Junior) Legal Counsel
Corporate / M&A / Commercial
2 - 5 Year(s)
1) Review, negotiate and draft legal documents including legal correspondences and various commercial contracts (such as tenancies; franchise agreements, service agreements; construction contracts; marketing and sponsorship agreements; sale and purchase agreements);
2) Identify and prepare summary of key commercial terms; negotiation of contract with 3rd party;
3) Attend to corporate compliance and company secretarial matters;
4) Manage compliance of joint venture agreements and policies;
5) Conduct legal researches on issues relating to the business and operation of the Group;
6) Support the Head of Legal in all legal and related matters in the Malaysia region including any ad hoc duties and affairs of the Company as reasonably assigned from time to time;
7) Liaise and coordinate with other departments and external parties (outside counsel and company secretary); and
8) Record keeping, filing, document and contract data-base management.
1) Degree in Laws. 2 years PQE;
2) In-house and Food & Beverage Industry experience preferred;
3) Understanding of the Franchise Act, the Contracts Act and the National Land Code preferred;
4) Mature, responsible, detail-orientated, self-motivated and adaptable with positive "can-do" attitude; able to work independently but also a good team player;
5) Able to work proactively with different stakeholders & initiate solutions;
6) Good command of Malay and English;
7) Experience with MS Office applications (word, excel, PowerPoint and outlook); and
8) Candidate with less experience will be considered as Assistant Legal Manager.
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.