Legal Counsel (MNC Regional WFH)
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
3 - 5 Year(s)
1. Channel Management (60%)
- Responsible for the global execution of the Company's standard work (aka Implementation Memo) in connection with the Company's channel management program.
- Coordinate and execute the Company's annual channel management requirements, globally.
- Actively drive and manage the Channel Partner onboarding due diligence process.
- Generate Red Flag Review Forms for sign off by Regional Compliance leaders.
- Generate new Channel Partner agreements for Business Units, assist with contract negotiations and annual renewals (where required).
- Work with local management and associates to ensure compliance with channel management program requirements, including compulsory annual anti-bribery/anti-corruption training.
- Prepare various channel management program analysis reports for Global Compliance Officer, for example onboarded/terminated CPs analysis, bowler tracking (if any).
- Assist in risk matrix analysis.
- Develop and conduct channel management compliance training presentations to associates and distributors.
- Develop, update and maintain best practices for channel management, including the ongoing quality review of third party generated company reports.
- Work with outside vendor internal and/or team members to improve functionality of CPTK database.
2. NDA and Standard Contract Reviews (25%)
- Review standard and operational contracts from globe, including NDA, Letter of Authorities, Speaker Agreement, Demo Agreement, etc.
- Arrange for trainings to business on contract review related process and other legal guidance.
3. Other - (15%)
- Assist with APAC General Counsel on various legal and compliance projects as needed.
- Assist with Global Compliance Officer and APAC General Counsel on Compliance investigation related work.
- Keep up to date with Transparency. org's annual publications and country updates. Keep up to date with FCPA/UK Bribery Act enforcement trends.
- LL.B from a reputable University and current Practicing Certificate.
- Minimum 3 -5 years of legal or compliance experience, preferably in a reputable law firm or corporate in-house setting.
- proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and other applicable tools for internal surveys (eg. Survey Monkey)
- Experience working with databases; ability to learn new database systems quickly.
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good project management skills, to include managing and prioritizing multiple concurrent projects and reporting progress and risks to colleagues, APAC GC, and other senior members of the Legal & Compliance Department.
- Working knowledge of third-party due diligence process and reviewing and evaluating third party diligence investigations.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrixed, multidisciplinary organization.
- Professional maturity and confidence in expressing a point of view with associates and management.
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.