Assistant Vice President (Legal)
Corporate / M&A / Commercial
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
4 - 7 Year(s)
1. Provide advice, guidance and information to company and the Group on matters pertaining or relating to legal policies, guidelines and procedures in all areas of legal to ensure the group's workforce understand and implement correctly the legal guiding policies, guidelines and procedures in when carrying out their duties to meet the departments, divisions, companies and groups goals and objectives;
2. Interact with company's business units to provide timely legal counsel on all relevant legal matters;
3. Drafting and review legal documentation (in consultation with external solicitors when necessary) which may include but not limited to:
- Sale and Purchase Agreement I Acquisition Agreements
- Restructuring Agreement
- Joint Venture Agreement
- Bond / Warrants
- Loan documentations/Shareholders Advance/Coverable loan stock
- Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Letters of Engagement
- Memorandum of Understanding
- Letter of Intent
4. Coordinate and monitor services provided by external legal parties; and
5. Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate and timely action.
6. Develop, implement and enforce legal systems and framework to improve legal processes of company; and
7. Develop and provide templates including Non-disclosure Agreement and Terms of Engagement for use by all divisions in company.
1. Bachelor Degree in Law other related disciplines with at least Second Class Upper (Honours) from a reputable university.
2. 4 to 7 years relevant working experience in the legal industry.
3. Able to multi-task and work under pressure with efficient time management and deadline.
4. Candidate has the capability to build strong network with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
5. Well-developed interpersonal, organisational, analytical, decision-making, negotiation, problem-solving and verbal and written communication skills.
6. Ability to maintain confidentiality, sensitivity and meticulous.
7. Innovative and flexible with teamwork spirits.
8. A strong team player with aptitude for issues analysis and problem solving.
9. Highly self-motivated, proactive & result-oriented person
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.