- Scope and plan specific client-facing projects
- Liaise with the client, the Firm's client matter team as well as the Firm's specialist departments and offices worldwide
- Support the Principal/ Lead Associate in defining matter scope, track and manage changes
- Prepare project plans and Gantt charts to support the client matter team.
- Report on status, track issues and monitor financial performance providing updates to client teams and internal teams
- Monitor costs and fees on an ongoing basis
- Support the post-matter review process for key matters and research practice area processes through discussions with fee earners and identify areas of improvement
- Identify and propose to Associate Directors of LPM (including Service Delivery) any future needs and improvements to the LPM framework
- Work with the Global Director of Legal Operations and Director of LPM to define, enhance and integrate a single set of project management standards, processes, methodologies and tools to improve the efficiency
- Roll out improvements and solutions through specific attorney coaching and training sessions
1. 4 to 6 years of project management experience in consulting industry. Formal Project Management qualification (e.g. PRINCE2, PMP, or equivalent) desirable but not a must. (no legal experience is required)
2. 3 to 5 years of legal experience who is passionate in project management and improvement of operational process related works.