Junior Legal Counsel (Regional Role)
Corporate / M&A / Commercial
3 - 6 Year(s)
The candidate will be assisting and reporting to the Chief Counsel in providing the full spectrum of in-house legal and corporate secretarial support to the management and businesses in this region, amongst others:
1. Drafting, reviewing, advising on various commercial contracts.
2. Advising the management on legal issues arising from the daily operations of the business.
3. Managing litigation external counsel.
- Assisting to manage Group IP portfolio.
- Filing and maintenance of trademarks.
- Assisting in preparation of annual and interim reports, directors report, ESG report.
- Preparation of board, committee and shareholders general meeting minutes.
1. The candidate should have 3 to 6 years of PQE with good contract drafting skill.
2. The candidate who is able to read or speak in Chinese or Cantonese is ideal as the candidate is required to work closely with HQ in Hong Kong.
3. Prior experience working in an in-house legal role is a must because to be successful in this role, the candidate must have good commercial acumen and familiar with the working culture of an in-house legal environment.
4. Eager to learn, willing to take up challenges, able to work in fast-paced environment, good communication skill, versatile, result and service oriented are also key to success in this role.
5. The candidate who has experience working in retail or individual consumer based industries is ideal but not a must.
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.